Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fork 'n Knife Quesadillas

What I had planned on blogging today was my new ruffle shirt. But I have some adjustments to make to it because it didn't turn out so well. Soooo.... here we go! My first recipe (maybe my only, too!)

I made a yummy dinner a few nights ago: Fork 'n Knife Quesadillas. You can't really pick it up, hence the "fork and knife." Josh said, "Where did you get this recipe?" And I quickly and proudly responded, "I made it up!" (Well, it's partially true. Sister Bekah made me quesadillas once with corn and beans, so the corn and bean idea was hers 6 years ago!)

Here we go!

You will need:


corn (I used some leftover corn on the cob- 2 ears, already cooked- It's in season right now, so I highly recommend it! But you could use frozen if you want. Just DON'T use canned corn. Yuck!)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 lime
a few sprigs of cilantro
1 pkg. Mexican blend cheese
tortilla shells
salt 'n peppa
sour cream
salsa
lettuce
tomato

Mix together the corn and black beans. Add juice of 1 lime and the cilantro. I just snipped it right into the bowl. If you like the cilantro taste, add a lot. If you don't, well then don't! Add a little salt 'n peppa.



Spray one side of the tortilla shell with cooking spray and add a little salt to the shell. Flip it over onto a cookie sheet or stone, and add a small palmful of cheese. Add some of the bean mixture, and put more cheese on top. Top with another tortilla, spray the top, and add salt to shell. Repeat for however many you want to make. Two quesadillas were plenty for my hungry husband and me.



Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes, or until the tortillas start to brown a bit.

When it is done, plop it on your plate and top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa, if you wish. You could serve it with Mexican rice. (I wish I took a picture of the final product! You can just imagine how pretty it looked.)

Easy!! And so yummy! And good for you too!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i made my famous quesadillas this week (stole the recipe from lucy in college) and I DO use canned corn. it's good- from t. joes. yum

yours looks delicious!