Don't call this a comeback.
So, it's been about 5 months since I blogged. I really love blogging but I hate it too. It's kind of like working out. Ok, no, I just really hate that. I love blogging because I get to document my life and read responses and encouragement from others. But I hate it because I have to organize my thoughts first, and it takes a lot of time. Especially for a snail.
I will try to be better about blogging more often. I had a nice hiatus. I've had some time to think about my little blog. I've realized that I don't want my blog to just be about one thing. At first I thought this would just be a sewing/craft blog, but I want to write about more- my family, my friends, my husband, my cats, cooking, food, music, and.... well, anything. So I'm not going to limit myself. Ok? Capece? I'm glad we got that all straightened out.
So, how was your summer??? How is your fall??? Here's what I've been up to:
1. Our garden was very successful this summer. Oh how I will miss fresh salsa. We tried to can a lot of it.
2. We went to the Outer Banks with Josh's side of the family in July.
3. We went to Hilton Head with my family in August.
We did a family photo shoot complete with matching outfits. It was awesome. And by awesome I mean a little embarrassing.
4. More recently, Josh and I went to the Philly orchestra to see Joshua Bell. We had the cheapest seats but I think it's the best view.
5. We went on a fall weekend getaway with our best friends.
We played hard.
I love fall.
6. The cats are doing great. Snuggly as ever.
7. Josh got a full-time job working at an alternative school. It's been an adjustment for us, but he loves it so far.
8. I took a new job babysitting one little boy before he goes to school each morning. And of course I am still teaching all of my little punk violin students.
....and now you are all up to date! I did miss blogging.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Don't call this a comeback.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Rachael is less than two years younger than me (one school grade), so we were always best buds growing up.
It may have taken a long time...
But all the hard work
Will be so worth it.
(no, I'm not preggers, it was windy)
My husband is such a hard worker, sometimes working 50+ hours while in school.
I'm so proud and grateful to be married to this man!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Ok people, I figured out how to get the pictures off my phone. And now you will enjoy a random post of things I've taken pictures of... randomly.
9. One day I was driving to work and looked up through my sunroof and saw this gorgeous tree. I love spring!
10. Josh and I seriously have the best cats in the entire world. This is how they were sleeping the other night. Sometimes I get scared because if only one of them were to die, the other would surely die soon after of a broken heart. And then Josh and I would follow shortly after that and die together holding hands and spooning, just like in The Notebook.How's that for random?
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I made three aprons for my aunt, cousin, and grandmother recently.
Here they are modeling them.
Here are some better closeups.
This was my first time doing a ruffle top and I LOVE how it came out. I will definitely do more like this one.
And while I LOVE making aprons- they are simple and easy to be creative with, I am getting the itch to move onto something a little more challenging like clothing. I don't know though. I will need a lot of help from my grandmother. I think I will start with something easy like a skirt. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I should start with? Or any easy pattern ideas?
I always love your comments and thoughts!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Getting ready for our " big kids" Egg hunt where I got 20 bones! And my cousin Tanner got $70! Yeah, I said "big kids" egg hunt. It's serious stuff.
My sisters and cousin Julie
Never too old for a ring pop
My cute littlest sister Lydia with a blue mouth...
She might be going to college in CA... boo
She is too little...
And we will miss her too much...
And what if she comes back with some punk boy filling this space? No way. Uh uh...
But we'll always be sisters, no matter where we live.
And she knows that her bro-in-laws will kick those little punk-A's where the sun don't shine if they don't be respectin'. Yeahhh.