Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Monday

Yep, it's Monday. Today I woke up at 7:30am (gasp). Yes, I set my alarm and got up early (gasp). I've decided I need to start being a normal human being after 3 weeks of pure laziness (gasp). Ok that's enough. (But speaking of lazy, I like this blog/site: www.lazygirldesigns.com. They have lots of sewing shortcut tips and cute bag patterns) Anyhoo, It's been a great 3 weeks, and I really needed it to debrief from my crazy semester/year of being in school and being a wife all at the same time. It's tough folks, it really is. I wouldn't recommend it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being married and I love my hubbypants, but if I had to do it all over again... I'd probably just drop out of school. KIDDING Seriously though, if I had to do it all over again, I would do it all over again because it's been a great year but very crazy!

Ok, I'm rambling. Anyway, I've turned over a new leaf and I am going to set my alarm every night and get up at a decent hour like a normal human being. I am going to fit more than one activity in my day. I am going to practice every day like I tell my students to do! And I am going to make more of these:

Are you ready? I know, seriously, the suspense has been killing you all weekend. I unveil to you, my baby-sized project: These adorable baby booties!
















These have velcro ribbon straps, but I think I like these next ones even better.




























These were actually my first sewing project (besides the dress). I thought they would be easy, but they really are not. Making bags is so much easier. Just the fact that they are tiny alone makes it hard to work with. And then to get them to look the same, sewing around the curve at the top, making sure you sew each layer... etc. They are a challenge, but it was good for me to start with these because I learned so much that making bags is a cinch! Well, ok, not really. I bought the pattern on Etsy from Precious Patterns. It was a good tutorial and they have such cute things! My booties need some work (my own booty could use some work too, but that's for another time). And I also need to work on a pattern that can be used for baby boys. But they are super fun to make because they are just so darn cute!



PS- Does ANYONE (Yes, I am talking to you 3 readers) know a better way to upload pictures on blogspot? Why do they keep going to the top? I have to drag them all the way through my blog and it's so annoying. It might just cause me to move my site to a better host. (Is that the right word?)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

yes. next time you give out an SOS to the world on your blog, just remember that your sister happens to be a real-life blogger...... you, my dear, need to learn a lil html code. it's easy. i'll teach you. we'll have a lesson.

Becca said...

i need a lesson as well. that's one of the reasons why the blog i started over a year ago has like 5 posts. i saw those bootiies on etsy. so adorable! i actually bought similar ones as baby gifts. it's good to know you make them and i can purchase them from you!

Abby said...

I didn't know you had a blog! we both need lessons from my techie sister. thanks for commenting!

Jen said...

Hi! Just a lurker popping in! I had to tell you that your booties are adorable. Though I mostly knit, I do some sewing from time to time. Seeing those booties in such pretty fabric has giving me the itch to pull out my sewing maching again.

And, you're right, small things are more difficult to sew. I always think of those people who sew the teensy-weensy Barbie clothing. That would drive me insane!

Abby said...

Jen-
Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you 'popped in,' seeing as this is a new venture for me (blogging, and crafting too), it's nice knowing people are reading! knitted booties would be adorable too :)