I made the best dinner the other night. It was so easy and I just made it up on the fly because we didn't have much food in the house. I got the, "mmm, mmmmmmm, MMMMMMMMMM," from Josh, so that's always a good sign. (I know I know, go ahead and say it!)
yummy, fresh, crusty bread (I used a round loaf)
pesto (I made my own using this recipe, but Trader Joe's also has good pre-made pesto.)
chicken (if you don't eat meat, substitute fresh mozzarella)
1 garlic clove
tomatoes- I used cherry tomatoes b/c that's all I had
salt and pepper
1. Put some olive oil in a pan and warm it. Mince the garlic into the pan. Cut the chicken into small strips. Cook the chicken in the garlic and oil. You could also grill the chicken.
2. Get out your handy George Forman grill.
3. Cut the bread and layer pesto, cheese, chicken, tomatoes, and more cheese. You want the cheese to hold the sandwich together.
4. Spray your grill with cooking spray.
5. Load it up! Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until brown.
Yummy, cheesy, pesto-y goodness! Serve with whatever you feel like serving it with!